Huntsville Family Lawyers Guide Clients Through Difficult Times
North Alabama attorneys provide skillful guidance for domestic matters
When a family law situation arises, the decisions you make could have a significant effect on your long-term happiness and well-being. An experienced attorney can give you the information you need to protect yourself and effectively assert your rights during negotiations and litigation. At Amy A. Slayden Family Law P.C. in Huntsville, Alabama, we are strong advocates who focus on meeting our clientsâ objectives in cases involving divorce, child custody, legal separation and related matters. Our accomplished lawyers wonât let you be bullied or misled into a decision that hurts you down the road. Rather, we clearly outline your options and press for an outcome that works for you in the short and long terms.
Proven divorce litigators handle alimony, property and parenting concerns
With 30 years of combined experience, our firm has the ability and background to provide exceptional legal guidance, resolve tough disputes and fight aggressively at trial when necessary. We handle a wide array of domestic legal matters, such as:
- Divorce â When a married couple no longer wishes to remain together, our attorneys deliver clear, sound guidance on every aspect of Alabama divorce. For those who donât want to dissolve their marriage but choose to live apart, we also assist with legal separation matters.
- Child support â Disagreements about the creation, enforcement and revision of child support orders can harm everyone involved. No matter what specific issues exist, we strive to get the proper information before the court so that sons and daughters have the financial support theyâre entitled to.
- Child custody and visitation â Establishing appropriate child custody and visitation terms requires a comprehensive evaluation of various factors that affect young people. In these cases, our firm takes great care to find solutions that foster a healthy environment for children and parents.
- Adoption â Bringing a child into your home should be a joyful time, but dealing with regulations and agency rules can be a serious burden. From start to finish, we explain the legal requirements and guide you through the evaluations that must occur before you gain legal parenthood.
- Property division â Alabama divorce law divides marital property based on the principle of equitable distribution. This means that courts decide what is fair after reviewing various aspects of the marriage. Thereâs no rule that requires an even split, so itâs important to have a qualified advocate on your side.
- Mediation â Because of the existing and ongoing relationships between the parties, mediation before a neutral third party can be an effective method of resolving divorce terms and other family law issues. In some instances, this is a step that must be taken before litigating a divorce.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements â If you are about to get married or recently have been wed, a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can help both spouses safeguard their assets. Whether you have extensive holdings or just want the security of knowing what will happen if the marriage doesnât work out, we offer knowledgeable guidance.
Donât hesitate to obtain help from a qualified North Alabama family lawyer. Weâll deliver counsel and advocacy that is tailored to your values and goals.
Contact a knowledgeable Alabama family lawyer to discuss your situation
Amy A. Slayden Family Law P.C. advises clients in Madison, Limestone, Morgan and Marshall counties on all types of family law issues from our office in Huntsville. Please call 256-529-4437 or contact us online to make an appointment.